Chat with students within 1 mile
- Basic Terms
- Who May Use DormChat
- Creating a DormChat Account
- Content Submissions
- Content on the Service
- Copyright Policy
- Unauthorized Activities
- Links to Third Party Sites
- Term and Termination
- Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability
1 Basic Terms
You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any Content you post to the Services, and for any consequences thereof. The Content you submit, post, or display will be able to be viewed by other users of the Services. You should only provide Content that you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms.
You may use the Services only if you can form a binding contract with DormChat and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. If you are accepting these Terms and using the Services on behalf of a company, organization, government, or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so. You may also use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations.
The Services that DormChat provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the Services that DormChat provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition, DormChat may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally and may not be able to provide with prior notice. We also retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time without prior notice to you.
While not expected, we reserve the right for the Services to include advertisements, which may be targeted to the Content or information on the Services, queries made through the Services, or other information. The types and extent of advertising by DormChat on the Services are subject to change. In consideration for DormChat granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that DormChat and its third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Services or in connection with the display of Content or information from the Services whether submitted by you or others.
- What information we may collect about you
- What we use that information for
- What third-party information, if any, you are agreeing to share by using DormChat; and
- With whom we share that information
3 Who May Use DormChat
You must be at least 13 years old to use DormChat. Use is void where prohibited. By using DormChat, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you use DormChat, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity.
4 Creating a DormChat Account
In order to access and use DormChat, you will need to register and create an account (your “Account”). By creating an Account, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. When creating an Account, you may be required to provide certain personal information about yourself and will establish a username and a password. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about your Account.
When creating an Account, don’t:
- create any account for anyone other than yourself without such other person’s permission;
- use a username that is the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;
- use a username that is subject to rights of another person without appropriate authorization; or
- use a username that is offensive, vulgar or obscene or otherwise in bad taste.
You may be able to link your Account to various webmail, social networking, and other online accounts. You may only link your own accounts. We will access and retrieve your account information from these sites on your behalf (in some cases, by using your username and password) to make certain information or services available to you through the Service. By linking your other accounts, you expressly authorize us to access your account information from those third party accounts, on your behalf as your agent and permit us to access, use and, in some cases, store your account information to accomplish the foregoing.
5 Content Submissions
The Service allows you and other users to post, link, share and otherwise make available certain information, images, videos, text and/or other content (“Content”). You are responsible for the Content that you post to the Service, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness. By posting Content to the Service, you grant us the right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the Service. You agree that this license includes the right for us to make your Content available to other users of the Service, who may also use your Content subject to these Terms. You retain any and all of your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Service and you are responsible for protecting those rights.
You cannot remove Content that you have posted to the Service. We are not responsible or liable for the removal or deletion of (or the failure to remove or delete) any Content on the Service. You represent and warrant that: (i) the Content is yours (you own it) or you have the right to use it and grant us the rights and license as provided in these Terms, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the Service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
We ask that you respect our online community and other users when posting Content and using the Service. When submitting Content to or otherwise using the Service, you agree not to:
- submit material that violates a third party’s proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, or that otherwise violates any applicable law;
- publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us, our users or any third party;
- publish any private information of someone, like their address, phone number, email address, and similar information without their permission;
- submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate;
- post advertisements;
- impersonate another person or represent yourself as affiliated with us, our staff or other industry professionals;
- solicit a user’s password or other account information; or
- harvest user names, addresses, or email addresses for any purpose.
6 Content on the Service
The content available through the Service has not been reviewed, verified or authenticated by DormChat, and may include inaccuracies or false information. We make no representations, warranties, or guarentees in connection with our Service or any Content on the Service, relating to the quality, suitability, truth, accuracy or completeness of any content contained in the Service. You acknowledge sole responsibility for, and assume all risking arising from, your use and reliance of any Content.
7 Copyright Policy
DormChat respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Services to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us.
8 Unauthorized Activities
In using DormChat, you must behave in a civil and respectful manner at all times. Further, you will not:
- Harass or stalk any other person;
- Harm or exploit minors;
- Act in a deceptive manner by, among other things, impersonating any person;
- Collect information about others;
- You will not express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by DormChat, Inc. without our specific prior written consent.
- You will not distribute spam, and will not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents.
- You will not post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- You will not interfere with or disrupt the services or the site or the servers or networks connected to the services or the site.
- You will not post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) we incur in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any claim or demand from a third party that your use of the Service or the use of the Service by any person using your Account violates any applicable law or regulation, or the rights of any third party.
10 Links to Third Party Sites
The Service may include links to other sites and services that are not operated by us. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content or links displayed on such sites. You are responsible for and assume all risk arising from your use or reliance of any third party sites.
The App and Service are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, we (or our licensors) exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the App and the Service, including all associated intellectual property rights. You may not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the App or the Service, including in any Content. You acknowledge and agree that any feedback, comments or suggestions you may provide regarding the App or the Service (“Feedback”) will be the sole and exclusive property of DormChat and you hereby irrevocably assign to us all of your right, title and interest in and to all Feedback.
12 Term and Termination
This Agreement begins on the date you first use DormChat and continues until terminated in accordance with the provisions hereof.
DormChat, Inc. may suspend, disable, or delete your account (or any part thereof) if DormChat, Inc. determines that you have violated any provision of this Agreement or that your conduct or content would tend to damage DormChat, Inc.’s reputation or goodwill. If DormChat, Inc. deletes your account for the foregoing reasons, you may not re-register under a different name.
Upon termination, all licenses granted by DormChat, Inc. will terminate. In the event of account deletion for any reason, content that you submitted may no longer be available. DormChat, Inc. shall not be responsible for the loss of such content.
13 Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER DORMCHAT USERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT DORMCHAT, INC. CURRENTLY DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS USERS. DORMCHAT, INC. ALSO DOES NOT INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF ALL OF ITS USERS OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF ITS USERS. DORMCHAT, INC. MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USER. DORMCHAT, INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES), AT ANY TIME AND USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL DORMCHAT, INC. BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, EMEPLARY, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, DEATH, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE DORMCHAT SERVICE OR PERSONS YOU MEET THROUGH DORMCHAT. YOU AGREE TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICE, PARTICULARLY IF YOU DECIDE TO MEET OFFLINE OR IN PERSON.
- DormChat, Inc. reserves the right to modify DormChat. You are responsible for providing your own access to DormChat. DormChat, Inc. has no obligation to screen or monitor any content and does not guarantee that any content available on DormChat complies with this Agreement or is suitable for all users.
DormChat, Inc. provides DormChat on an “as is” and “as available” basis. You therefore use DormChat at your own risk. DormChat, Inc. expressly disclaims any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, and any other warranty that might arise under any law. Without limiting the foregoing, DormChat, Inc. makes no representations or warranties:
- That DormChat will be permitted in your jurisdiction;
- That DormChat will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- Concerning any content submitted by any user;
- Concerning any third party’s use of content that you submit;
- That any content you submit will be made available on DormChat or will be stored by DormChat, Inc.;
- That DormChat, Inc. will continue to support any particular feature of DormChat;
- Concerning sites and resources outside of DormChat, even if linked to from DormChat.
To the extent any disclaimer or limitation of liability does not apply, all applicable express, implied, and statutory warranties will be limited in duration to a period of thirty (30) days after the date on which you first used DormChat, and no warranties shall apply after such period.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you.
GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey, United States of America, without regard to principles of conflicts of law. The Uniform Commercial Code, the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act, and the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods shall not apply.
DISPUTES: Any action arising out of or relating to this Agreement or your use of DormChat must be commenced in the state or federal courts located in Morris County, New Jersey, United States of America (and you consent to the jurisdiction of those courts). In any such action, DormChat, Inc. and you irrevocably waive any right to a trial by jury.
INTERPRETATION; SEVERABILITY; WAIVER; REMEDIES: Headings are for convenience only and shall not be used to construe the terms of this Agreement. If any court of competent jurisdiction finds any term of this Agreement invalid or unenforceable, that term will be severed from this Agreement. No failure or delay by DormChat, Inc. in exercising any right hereunder will waive any further exercise of that right. DormChat, Inc.’s rights and remedies hereunder are cumulative and not exclusive.
SUCCESSORS; ASSIGNMENT; NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES: This Agreement is binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of both parties and their respective successors, heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, and permitted assigns. You may not assign this Agreement without DormChat, Inc.’s prior written consent. No third party shall have any rights hereunder.
NOTICES: You consent to receive all communications including notices, agreements, disclosures, or other information from DormChat, Inc. electronically. DormChat, Inc. may provide all such communications by email or by posting them on DormChat. Support-related inquiries or notices of a legal nature (such as a subpoena) may be sent to us at email@example.com or the following address:
315 Ridgedale Avenue, P.O. Box 532
East Hanover, NJ 07936
Nothing herein shall limit DormChat, Inc.’s right to object to subpoenas, claims, or other demands.
MODIFICATION; ENTIRE AGREEMENT:
This Agreement may not be modified except by a revised Terms of Service posted by DormChat, Inc. on DormChat or a written amendment signed by an authorized representative of DormChat, Inc. A revised Terms of Service will be effective as of the date it is posted. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between DormChat, Inc. and you concerning the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings regarding the same.